Monday, October 5, 2009

Yard Sale

This weekend we went to the big yard sale in the Reunion subdivision. John's brother lives in the subdivision so he let us know what was going on. We normally participate in the Reunion's bi-annual yard sales (Fall and Spring). We will spend all night getting ready the day before and then spend all morning selling. It is exhausting but so much fun! Everytime that we have participated we have made at least $200. People will buy anything! This year was different. We didn't sell this year - instead I was on a mission to buy Marshal some clothes for this fall. My sister and I started at 8am on Saturday and walked the whole loop (about 1.5 miles). Then I met John at his brother's house to get the kids. I fed Marshal and then we went back out. We had skipped some of the side streets. At that point I hadn't had much luck finding clothes that were Marshal's size. I hit the jackpot! The side streets had so much more stuff. John came around and picked us up and drove us around from house to house. I was able to get 24 clothes pieces for Marshal, two books, two picture frames, a wooden stool, and some toys for a total of $30. Now that is some deal hunting and some of the clothes still have tags on it. Next yard sale I will definately be out their again!!! It was so much fun and some great excercise.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I want to come next year! Not for baby clothes of course...but I love a good deal!