Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Happy, but Rainy Halloween! (including Pumpkin Carving and 7 months old)

Crazy title, huh? It sums up life in the Humble Household...
Well, I should totally be fired from blogging because it has been a month since my last post. Life is crazy...I've had a lot of ideas.. but just no time. This has the potential to be a long post...

It all began a couple of weeks ago when we went to a pumpkin patch in Dawsonville and got two pumpkins. One was to carve and the other was Marshal sized. Then the next week we spent some quality time together carving the pumpkin. Mitchell and I did most of the gutting and John did the cutting. Marshal mostly just watched. I gave Marshal some of the guts to touch. He didn't like it. I think that our pumpkin turned out really cute... Too bad it was rotten a whole week before Halloween.

Gutting...


The final product ... (aren't they just so cute!)


SPOOKY!


Then on Halloween went spent time with both my family and John's family. We always eat with John's family and the cousins go trick-or-treating together. It is so fun! This year was no different. We went to John's brother's house and ate chili. YUMMY! Then headed out for candy. But...before we took the first step it started raining again, so John took Marshal inside and Mitchell and I grabbed umbrellas and went on our way. Mitchell had fun and got a lot of candy. Being their mom I might be a little prejudice, but I had some pretty cute trick-or-treaters. Mitchell was a fisherman (he used all his stuff from Montana) and Marshal was a monkey (banana included).





And on top of this crazy weekend - Marshal turned seven months old. I truly can't believe that he is that old. I know that I say that every month, but its true. Then I look at Mitchell and I think how fast he is growing up. I just want to stop time and cherish every minute.

2 comments:

LQS said...

It's ok to be prejudice Anna..
they are toooo cute!
Looks like it was a fun night rain or not!
Lisa

brandy said...

I love the picture of them with the pumpkin between them! :) There is NO denying they are brothers!