Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mitchell, 1st Grader at Last

This past Monday Mitchell started first grade. He was sooo excited! He had been counting down the days for at least two weeks. I had asked him over the weekend if he wanted me to walk him to his room. My heart melted when he said yes! (I know that there will been a day when he will want to walk alone b/c mommy won't be as cool as she is right now.) I really don't remember being that emotional about Mitchell starting Kindergarten but I did feel a tear when I dropped him off on Monday. It was like he was truly a big boy. I also knew that I would not see him at all during the school day. Last year I saw him about 3 times a day. My schedule followed his. I used to look forward to the times that I would see him at school and now I only see him at the end of the day. Mitchell loves school and I'm so happy that he does! Recess, like most other students, is his favorite part of the day. He's growing up so fast - I can't believe that he is in first grade. Here's pics of the big boy on his first day of first grade....
Walking to class...

Almost there...Mitchell's classroom is at the end of a long hall...He asked why he had to walk sooooo far.

Finally at the door! His teacher, Mrs. Allen went with a frog theme. Very cute!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I cant believe he is already in the 1st grade! He looks so cute with his little bookbag on! I hope school is going okay for both of you!